"Go therefore and make disciples
of all nations, baptizing them in the name
of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo,
I am with you always, to the close of the age."
— Matthew 28: 19-20
These final words of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew are meant just as much for us today as they were for the people in Jesus' time. We are all responsible for growing our faith, both qualitatively by deepening our relationship with God and quantitatively by encouraging others to actively practice their faith. It is our duty as disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our local parishes support us in our role as disciples and nurture our faith. They serve as the focal point of our spiritual lives, but limited resources can make meeting all the needs of our local faith community difficult, if not impossible.
Your support of the Annual Catholic Services Appeal goes beyond your parish boundaries to all 130 parishes that make up the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois. The diocese supports our parishes in a variety of ways including:
- Providing us with priests through our vocations office and training deacons through our diaconate program;
- Assisting our schools and Parish Schools of Religion in forming our young people in the faith;
- Providing instructional support and programs that reinforce Catholic teaching;
- Keeping college aged adults engaged in the Faith through our campus ministry office;
- Sponsoring workshops such as the Diocesan Adult Enrichment Conference;
- And many more… .
All of these ministries and services help us to become better disciples and to grow in our faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. Please give prayerful consideration to making a generous gift to the Annual Catholic Services Appeal. Know that in doing so you will be helping to grow communities of faith for the people of our diocese. Thank you!