Joomla is an open source content management system referred by tens of thousands as the best CMS in the world.
Once installed, the website administrator can administer the entire frontend of the website from a point and click interface. When new content is created, a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor allows for simple edits without the knowledge of HTML. While it is not mandatory the user have knowledge of HTML, it is recommended to have basic HTML knowledge in the event that something needs to be edited on a more custom level.
Joomla is a content management system written in PHP for publishing and managing content on the web and intranets using a MySQL database. Joomla includes features such as page caching to improve performance, web indexing, RSS feeds, printable versions of pages, newsflashes, blogs, forums, polls, calendars, website searching, and language internationalization.
- Completely database driven site engines
- News, products or services sections fully editable and manageable
- Topics sections can be added to by contributing authors
- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site
- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot result
- Change order of objects including news, FAQs, articles etc.
- Random Newsflash generator
- Remote author submission module for News, Articles, FAQs and Links
- Object hierarchy - as many sections, departments, divisions and pages as you want
- Image library - store all your PNGs, PDFs, DOCs, XLSs, GIFs and JPEGs online for easy use
- Automatic Path-Finder. Place a picture and let Joomla! fix the link
- Archive manager. Put your old articles into cold storage rather than throw them out
- Email-a-friend and Print-format for every story and article
- In-line Text editor similar to Microsoft Word
- User editable look and feel
- Polls/Surveys - Now put a different one on each page