Welcome the Office for Ministry Formation
Since Christian initiation is the call to active participation in the mission and ministry of the Church, whether one is called to the ordained or lay ministry, and realizing that each person has gifts and charisms to share in the service of the people of God, the Office for Ministry Formation of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois seeks to enhance the ministry of the ordained clergy and laity by providing academic, spiritual, and pastoral opportunities which give participants a broader sense of self, ministry, church and God.
- To provide opportunities for lay formation especially as served through the Lay Ministry Formation Program
- To provide formation opportunities to clergy (e.g.) sabbaticals, continuing education programs, workshops, etc.
- To serve as a clearinghouse for parishes and institutions who may be seeking qualified pastoral ministers for employment
- To assist in the Permanent Diaconate Program, if and when instituted in the Diocese
- To act as the liaison between the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois and the various colleges and universities with whom the Office for Ministry Formation shares academic programs
- To act as a liaison of the diocesan Bishop in the screening and placement of qualified Parish Life Coordinators who seek appointment of the Diocese
Last Updated on 11 June 2012