Worship and the Catechumenate is a service and resource center for the liturgy, for liturgical catechesis, and for Christian initiation.
Realizing that adult formation and good liturgy foster and nourish faith, the services of Worship and the Catechumenate seeks to promote the liturgical and spiritual life of the people of God in the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois.
Celebrating the Year of Consecrated Life in the Diocese
The diocese will celebrate Evening Prayer with religious on 20 September 2015 in the Cathedral Church at 6:30 PM. The bishop invites all parishes and schools to offer some celebration of consecrated life during the preceding week. The following may help do this with great ease:
- Bishop Paprocki Letter of 29 June 2015 announcing diocesan endeavours
- Outline of Rite of Evening Prayer for parish and school use
- Assembly Book for parish and school use – no additional copyright permissions are needed to print and use
- Minister Book for parish and school use – no additional copyright permissions are needed to print and use
Some Diocesan Liturgies for 2015 will take place in the Cathedral Church of the Immaculate Conception in Springfield.
• Celebration for Couples Married 50 Years or Longer
Sunday, October 4, 2015, 2:00 PM
Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 11:00 AM
How to prepare a new liturgical book for first use
Jonathan Sullivan, Office for Catechesis, posted this short video showing how to properly open a good book so that it lays flat, lasts a long time, and does not break the spine.