In addition to diocesan formation opportuities, a number of resources are available for training in the area of youth ministry.
Institute for New Youth Ministers - August 10 - 13, 2015
Imagine a gathering where nationally recognized youth ministry veterans identify what they wished they knew when beginning as youth workers… Picture a conference schedule that addresses the common trouble spots and the real, but often hidden issues that can make or break a youth ministry… Consider a gathering that helps you focus on the essential areas that lead to a fruitful, disciple making youth ministry lead by spiritually healthy leaders-and you have The Institute for New Youth Ministers.
At The Institute for New Youth Ministers you will:
- Discover how to cultivate an intimate relationship with Jesus.
- Learn how to build a vision that inspires and encourages investment.
- Understand how to best focus your first years of ministry.
- Gain valuable skills in ministering with teens.
- Grow in your ability to manage the essential relationships in youth ministry.
- Build a youth ministry that is passionate about growing teen disciples.
Today’s Catholic parents are unique and very different from preceding generations. Brought up in the post-Vatican II Church, they view faith, Church and spirituality in new ways. Yet studies show that parents are still the most crucial influence on the faith of their children. Our Church has made family faith formation a priority, as witnessed by the Synod on the Family which Pope Francis convened in the fall of 2014. The Center for Ministry Development is excited to announce our new workshop series for 2015: Engaging Parents—Forming Family Faith. This workshop will share effective ways in which parish communities are engaging parents and helping families grow in faith together.
People who are in the role of parenting children, youth and young adults deserve our support as they strive to share faith at home and participate as families in our parishes.
This workshop will give leaders:
- A better understanding of today’s parents;
- Strategies for reaching out to this new breed of parents;
- Ways to support parents in deepening their own faith;
- Strategies to strengthen family faith at home and in the parish;
- Ways to involve parents in faith formation, sacramental preparation, and youth ministry;
- Strategies for engaging families through technology;
- Strategies for motivating families to do service and outreach together.
The day begins with registration at 8:30 AM and is followed by the workshop from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Cost to attend is $54.00, which includes lunch and a handout packet rich in practical ideas and resources.
December 1 – 3, 2016, San Jose, California.
The NCCYM is the largest adult conference for Catholic Youth Ministers in the country. It is sponsored biennially on even numbered years by the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry in order to help form and transform adults ministering to youth in the Catholic church. Thousands of youth and campus ministers, religious education leaders, performers and artists and volunteers from every level come together for four days of inspiring keynotes, challenging workshops, dynamic prayer and worship, helpful networking, extensive resources, and good-hearted entertainment.
Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies ~ Center for Ministry Development
The Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies Program...
- Equips leaders with the knowledge, skills, practical tools, and techniques needed for creative and comprehensive ministry with youth in parish and Catholic school settings
- Nurtures the personal, spiritual, and ministerial growth of leaders for ministry in today’s Church
- Develops the confidence, competence, and credibility of leaders for effective ministry with youth
Certificate in Youth Ministry ~ University of Dayton
This Certificate is designed for adults in parish youth ministry wishing to develop skills for effectively engaging young people in parish settings.
National Association of Catholic Youth Ministry Leaders Webinars
NACYML is an association of youth ministry leaders serving in dioceses, parishes, schools, and other settings. NACYML webinars provide participants with new tools and ideas to chart a course through Catholic youth ministry and may be used to acquire competence in many of the National Certification Standards for Lay Ecclesial Ministers. Webinars are offered approximately once a month through OnCourse, a professional organization that helps train youth ministers. OnCourse Webinars are provided at no cost to NACYML members and membership is required to participate. In the past, the members' cost of participation in the webinars was $150 for the entire series. Yet, membership dues are only $60. Become a member of NACYML today and you've already gained a benefit worth over twice the cost of membership!
Certification in Lay Ecclesial Ministry